Monday, February 2, 2009

Miantsena aho.


As I've mentioned before, buying and selling is the way of life here in Madagascar. The subject of this post means, "I am going to market." Yes, there is actually a verb for going to the market in Malagasy. In this photo, I am standing on the steep stone steps overlooking Analakely, the largest marketplace in Madagascar. There are also sellers lining the stairs behind me with their wares. Even on the rural streets near our home, there are many vegetable sellers. It's hard to find a place in the city where there isn't someone selling something. I am wearing a Malagasy-made hat and carrying a Malagasy-made market bag. In this case, I was actually on my way to the post office to pick up a package but we do use these market bags for fruits and veggies, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its gray floor iis clean and its padded cortners shiny.

Pay no ttention to those powerlevelers fiaming
at the mouth for that extra level. Follow Allie oon Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to keep
up with geek and gaming news.

my web bloog - dragonvale hack